Founded in 2018 by a team of pioneers, passionate about bringing the next generation of high performance manufacturing, we aspire to mass-produce high-performance composites as easily as metals. We do this by automating and digitizing the production workflow of composite production at the most innovative companies.
We understand the complexities of anisotropic materials and the manual process in manufacturing carbon composites. To simplify this, we set out to provide an all-in-one solution to help our customers radically ramp up their composites series production and turn their series production ideas into production cases within months – not years.
So we built a software as a service suite, powered by integrated FEA simulation tools, that allows to quickly come up with highly optimised designs. Then we combined state of the art additive manufacturing equipment with advanced post processing technology to enable serial manufacturing of structural composite parts.
Voted one of the top 3 Swiss startups in 2021, we are growing our Software team and are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to scale up our cloud based integrated fibrify Production system and make the next generation production processes possible.
Do you have a start-up mindset? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing team? Do you want to make a difference by helping make the world’s manufacturing dramatically more sustainable, efficient and high-performance? If you do, we’d love to hear from you!
What is the role
Reporting to the Head of Software, you will build and extend a scalable, user-friendly web service that supports 9T Labs’ goal of small to medium series production of fiber reinforced additive fusion processed manufactured parts. You will extend the application into a modular system that integrates seamlessly with well-known manufacturing systems (SAP, ODOO, etc.) and design the future tools for composite part manufacturing. You have experience integrating cloud services with large scale cloud providers (AWS, Azure) and know how to write reliable web applications. You have a good understanding of code quality and standardisation. You have worked with scrum and understand how to bring business needs from requirements to reality. You like to experiment, can work independently and are open to new challenges.
In your role you will be responsible for creating and extending new online tools for additive Fusion process manufacturing. You will be responsible for the responsiveness and design of the online software.
After 3 months you will…
- Understand our unique additive production and fusion solution.
- Understand the overall workflow of our software tool and have a map of the system architecture.
- Be part of the bi-weekly planning cycle and understand the core business needs.
- Start productively adding new features and fixing existing bugs.
After 6 months you will…
- Be able to map business requirements into the manufacturing processing tool.
- Improve the system architecture and fill in the gaps.
- Monitor and improve the security of the system according to GDPR and customer requirements.
After 12 months you will…
- Have integrated fibrify Production with a large scale production and manufacturing tool.
- Extend the existing system with production scheduling and real-time analytics.
- Shape the ability for the integration of new products into the range of 9T Labs Red Series Build and Fusion modules.
What you need to bring to the role
- Degree in Computer Science or other scientific field (engineering, physics) preferred
- At least 2 years of professional experience with a major frontend development framework (React preferred)
- Professional experience with Node.JS, React, Typescript, CSS
- Professional experience with database system development (sql, Mongo-DB, Redis)
- Basic experience developing high availability services on backend
- Basic knowledge of Containerized services such as Docker
- Basic knowledge of development of microservice architectures (Lambda-functions)
- Basic experience managing cloud based services (AWS, Azure)
And bringing this is a plus…
- Experience configuring web services
- IoT networking protocols such as MQTT
- A sense of humour 🙂
- Fluent in English (C1/C2)
What leads to success
- Forward thinking. You see the future and keep in mind that the system will grow. You design your code in a way that can adapt to long lasting changes.
- Process. You have worked with Scrum and can adapt to an ever changing world. You plan, commit and know how to deal with uncertainty and even failure.
- Test driven thinking: You develop with testability in mind and automate on a daily basis. You understand that there is more to software development than just developing a new feature.
- Design. You like when things look good, both frontends as well as code.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You share our values and you understand how start-ups work – which means you can balance speed, quality and output.
What we offer
- A place where everyone cares about making an impact
- 25 paid holidays (full year)
- Paid-time-off surrounding personal life changing events
- Accident insurance wherever you go, whatever you do, even outside of work
- Meaningful equity participation
- Flexible working time and work location
- Events for exchange, learning, culture, sports and general fun
We value equality of opportunity regardless of gender, age, race, nationality or any other type of non-professional classification. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role and believe that you can help us in our mission, please apply and we will be happy to consider what we can do together.