fotograf.de/GotPhoto is the market leading workflow and sales solution for professional photographers in Europe and has a strong footprint in the US market.
We move the world of kindergarten and school – and nursery photography from analog to digital, making the life of our photographer clients easier and their business more successful. We are reviving an industry in which changes are long overdue.
Today we have built a profitable business and, together with our international brand GotPhoto, we are one of the world’s most important players in school and kindergarten photography.
We are an equal opportunity employer
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will work in our HQ in the heart of Berlin in one of our autonomous teams. We value strong engineering skills, a deep understanding of business, full ownership, high velocity, collaboration, and initiative.
We’re looking for a strong BackEnd Engineer to offer the best experience to all of our users at all points of their journey.
- Work in small collaborative agile teams
- You and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports GotPhoto and our customers
- To do this we focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build
- We are scaling up our engineering organization and we are looking for people to evolve our backend, and engineering practices to support the growth and work in many autonomous teams. We welcome new ideas!
- You will prototype and build new features, update existing ones, and fix bugs
- We need your participation in growing a solid microservice architecture, stable interfaces, and contracts for API, metrics, etc
Skills we are looking for
- You write solid, maintainable documented clean code and have a pragmatic engineering approach „shortcuts“ easy to delete in a crunch
- You are able to apply software design principles, know a few software design patterns and you are able to explain the trade-offs of your engineering decisions
- You document your code and your product so that your co-workers can continue your task if needed
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write meaningful tests
- You have a proactive attitude and a product mindset − you own what you build
- Knowledge of API-Structures, like REST or GraphQL and their respective tradeoffs
- Strong knowledge of PHP7 as you will be working with that primarily
- Prior experience with Docker is a plus
- Good knowledge in relational database systems (preferably MySql)
- Experience with agile engineering practices such as TDD or BDD
- Team player, proactive and result-driven
- AWS services knowledge would be a strong plus
- Experience working with distributed back-end systems, especially in the financial industry, will enable you to dive deep into the product very quickly, but not required
With us, you can look forward to this
- Be a part of an international team with an established brand in Germany and strong growth in the US
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process – enabling personal development
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to deliver
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Regular get-togethers, such as monthly team brunches, team events, Brownbag Sessions
- Spendit-card with monthly lunch money (after successfully passing the trial period)
- Regular training and coaching, external/internal training and a budget for books and courses
fotograf.de / GotPhoto
Greifswalder Str. 207